Note from your publisher: When we all got the news that Arizona schools will be closed at least through March 27 (and likely longer), I immediately thought of this wonderful article put together by a fellow Macaroni Kid publisher in California, where school closures started even earlier. I hope you find it helpful. Hang in there, parents! We've got this.
I live in California and just found out my kids will be home for at least the next five weeks because of COVID-19. The teachers were not prepared for our closure to happen, so we have very limited work coming from school, at least for now.
But that doesn't mean I want my kids to spend their days on their electronic devices and watching YouTube videos.
I want them to keep learning.
So I rounded up some educational resources that kids of all ages could use at home. I was impressed with some of the great online programs I found, as well as some awesome printable websites!
Here is a list of free educational resources for you to explore and use with your family:
Grades Preschool - 5th grade
- Education.com Worksheets and Printables
- Epic! Digital Library for Kids 12 and Under [Free for 30 days, then $8 a month]
- Great Schools Worksheets for Preschool through 5th Grade
- JumpStart Printable Worksheets for All Subjects and Ages
- Kidzone Worksheets for Children
- Vooks A World of Animated Storybooks [Free for teachers, parents can get a one-month trial free, then $5 per month]
- K5 Learning Reading and Math for K-5 [14 day free trial, then $15 per month]
- Mystery Science Open-and-Go Lessons that Inspire Kids to Love Science [Offering a free login for selected lessons]
- TLS Books Educational Worksheets for Preschool through 6th Grade
- Helping with Math Printable Math Resources for K-8
- Homeschool Math Math Worksheets
- E Reading Worksheets Reading Worksheets [Look for Worksheets by Grade in the left menu]
- Prodigy Math Learning Platform
- ScienceWerkz® Download Middle School Interactive Science Content [5 free topics to download]
- VidCode Coding projects
- Breakout EDU Digital Learning Games
- Busy Teacher Printable Worksheets and Lesson Plans [Organized by topic, then choose level.]
- CK-12 The Smarter Way to Learn [Math, social studies, science]
- Common Core Sheets Worksheets for All Subjects and Ages
- Easy Teacher Worksheets Printables for All Subjects and Ages [Organized by subject matter. No grade information listed]
- IXL Personalized Learning with Comprehensive Pre-K-12 Curriculum and More
- K12 Reader Reading Instruction Resources, Printables, and Articles
- Khan Academy Online Courses, Lessons, and Practice
- Math-Aids Dynamically Created Math Worksheets
- Math-drills.com Math Worksheets [Grouped by math topic, but no grade/age information]
- Math is Fun Math Worksheets [Grouped by topic, but no grade/age information]
- SoftSchools Printable Math and Phonics Worksheets, Math Games, and Grammar Quizzes
- Scholastic has daily "Learn at Home" activities including videos, articles, activities
- Spelling Words Printable Spelling Worksheets
- TeAchnology Printable Worksheets for K-12
- Twinkl Interactive Activities and More [Free month trial]
I hope that if you find your kids home unexpectedly this gives you resources to keep them learning!