October 4, 2013
Kid-friendly Halloween Thrills in the Old Pueblo!
Boo! Throughout the month of October, Tucson is overrun with ghosts & goblins, hayrides & hauntings, candy & costumed characters. Below is a list of events in and around Tucson that are "family friendly"; however, you may want to call ahead to gauge the fright factor of the events before heading out with sensitive little ones. Admissions prices to the events vary (FREE events are noted). Please click the links for more details.
Events taking place on multiple dates through the end of October:
Friday, October 25
- Colassal Cave Halloween Howl. Candlelight ghost tours of the cave, hayrides, pony rides, jumping castles! $7/person plus $1 per car. Under 3 free. (Oct. 18-19, 25-27, 5:00 PM-9:00 PM)
- HalloWEEN at the Mini Time Machine Museum of Miniatures. The museum is decorated for Halloween throughout the month of October. Spooky flashlight tours of the museum every Saturday at 4:00 PM through October 26th. Call ahead for reservations. Regular museum admission applies. Click HERE for a $1 off coupon.
- Howl-o-Ween at the Zoo. Trick-or-treating, costumed characters and more! (Oct. 25-27, 6:00-8:00PM. Note: Doors open at 5:30 for Zoo Members). $7 admission for all ages ($5 for zoo members).
- Sam and Latch's Haunted Halloween, a Pinnacle Peak Pistoleros Show at Trail Dust Town. (October 7th-31st at 7:00 and 8:00 PM, additional show at 9:00 PM on Fridays and Saturdays, not recommended for 3 and under). $4 admission.
- Spooks and Thrills at Pantano Riding Stables. Haunted Hay Rides, Haunted Maze and more! (Oct.19-21st,26-28th, dark until-9:00 PM). Prices start at $5 for haunted maze or pony rides. Additional cost for haunted wagon ride.
- Valley of the Moon "Scooby Doo and the Haunted Ruins." (Oct. 11-13; Oct. 18-20; Oct. 25-30, 6:00-8:30 PM). Admission $5 for children 7-15, $8 for adults. Children 6 and under are FREE.
Saturday, October 26
- Pima Air and Space Museum Night of Fright. Old fashioned carnival games, costume contest, trick-or-treating and more at this fun event. Admission $10 for adults, FREE for children 12 and under. (Oct. 25, 5-9 PM)
- Halloween Boo Bash. Haunted house, face painting, costume contest, face painting and more at Clements Center. Sponsored by Tucson Parks and Rec. $3/person. (Oct. 26, 4:00 PM-8:00 PM)
- Halloween Storytime at Eastside Barnes & Noble. Storytime, treats and a costume parade! FREE. (Oct. 26, 11:00 AM)
- Halloween in the Wild. Games, crafts, haunted house and more at the International Wildlife Museum. Regular admission rates apply. (Oct. 26, 5-7 PM)
- Spooky Halloween on 4th Avenue. Trick-or-treat along the avenue. Kids Costume contest at 6 PM. FREE. (Oct. 26, 5-8 PM)
Sunday, October 27
- Halloween Bash at Trail Dust Town. Safe trick or treating through Trail Dust Town and Golf n Stuff. Magic shows, fire show, pumpkin carving contest and more. FREE. (Oct. 27, 4:00-7:00 PM).
- Trick or Treat Trail at Funtasticks. Safe trick or treating along the trail at Funtasticks. Don't miss the Wendy's prize wheel. (Oct. 27, 4:00-7:00 PM)
For even MORE Halloween Events, visit NW Tucson Macaroni Kid to see what's happening on the NW side of town, as well as in Marana and Oro Valley!
Do you know of a Halloween event that is not included in this list? Submit it HERE!