March 8, 2012
- Macaroni Kid...Who Knew?
- Arts in the Plaza
- Cookies for Troops
- But You Loved Apples Last Week!
- Macaroni Spotlight: Your Story HERE!
- This Week's Picks
- This Week's Calendar
- Teen Scene
- Plan Ahead
- Healthy Macaroni Kids: Ants on a Log
- Macaroni Made: "Food for Thought" Craft
- Macaroni Movies: Mirror Mirror
- Calling All Summer Programs!
The Top 20 Things You Should Know About Your East Tucson Mac Kid Newsletter!
1. The calendar feature will allow you to see the whole month at a glance. Simply click the calendar tab on the top of the page!
2. See that pink "Read More" tab down there? Click it! You'll get to see the rest of the article you're reading! Then you can click on the Table of Contents to the left of the article to get to the rest of the information in the current newsletter!
3. If you would like to look back at previous issues, scroll down a bit until you see "Past East Tucson News" on the left. This is below the Facebook and Twitter icons. You will go to a list of dates and you can choose which newsletter to look at. Click the Macaroni Kid logo at the top of the site to come back to the current newsletter.
4. Did you see a recipe or craft you wanted to try and then forgot to bookmark it? Use the "Search" box on the top right side of the page. Simply enter your key word and you'll get all the relevant local AND national articles!
5. SUBMIT AN EVENT, use this button to send us the info on an event in your area! We will include free local events that you send over.
6. The pink "My Macaroni" button that appears above the contents list is my favorite feature! You can click the plus sign (Add to "My Macaroni") under any event listing and after you've selected all of the events that you are interested in, you can click the "My Macaroni" button and it will show your list, then you can download everything to a pdf that you can save and/or print to take with you!! You'll have all the details right at hand when you're on the road!
7. There is a Macaroni Kid in Northwest Tucson! There are also several other newsletters in Arizona, and national newsletters as well (Family Travel, National Newsletter, Macaroni Kid Eats, Military Families, Safety Announcements, Family Fitness etc.). You can view current issues of the national newsletters by clicking on the titles on the left side of your East Tucson page.
8. If you ever need to change your email address, you can hit reply on any newsletter and send me your new email address and I can change it for you.
9. East Tucson Macaroni Kid is put together by a VERY small staff: The publisher (me), the editor (me), the writer(s) (often me, with help from press releases and other wonderful Macaroni Kid publishers around the country) and the marketing/advertising manager (also...ME)! If you attempt to contact East Tucson Macaroni Kid and don't hear right back, please try again. One of my staff members is either slacking off or is busy being mom/speech-language pathologist (yep, both me) and will get back to you soon!
10. Business Directory: This is the Yellow Pages for Families, all your needs met right here! Some even offer specials for being a Macaroni Kid!
11. Sponsors make it possible for me to offer this free service to you! Keep East Tucson Macaroni Kid going by supporting our sponsors. Click through the ads, read the sponsored articles, and visit the businesses! Be sure to tell them Macaroni Kid sent you!
14. What's a Macaroni Deal? Click the green tab at the top of the page and sign up to receive notifications of special local and national deals for Macaroni Kid subscribers!
15. Not all the Good Stuff is up here above the events listings! Scroll down to the bottom of the newsletter where you can often find craft ideas, recipes and other great articles.
16. Due to a large number of events in one week, the newsletter may be clipped short in your emailed newsletter. Click through to the website to see more great events and the remainder of your newsletter content!
17. If you are away on vacation in another city, make use of our over 500 Macaroni Kid sites throughout the country! Simply go to www.macaronikid.com and choose the state you will be visiting. The drop-down menu will show all of the local newsletters in that state! If there is not a Macaroni Kid in a city you are planning to visit, let me know...maybe we can find a new publishing mom!
18. Share Macaroni Kid with your friends. What parent isn't looking for ideas to keep the kids busy? Don't keep this to yourself! Plus, the bigger we get, the more features we can add! Simply click "Forward to a Friend" on your weekly newsletter. We love when you share!
19. Comment on articles or let me know you "like" them by clicking the facebook "like" tab at the top of the article. That helps me know what you're reading and using...and what to publish more of!
20. We have tremendous giveaways and fun contests (like the one below for a $20 Target gift card)! You must be a subscriber to the newsletter to enter this and all giveaways. It's FREE to subscribe!
***To enter to win a $20 Target gift card, comment below with something new you learned about Macaroni Kid from this article. Get an EXTRA entry by clicking "like" on the top of the article and writing "I love Macaroni Kid!" (or something equivalent) in the comment box on your facebook page. Be sure to make a second comment below telling me that you did that! Comments and 'likes' must be made by Wednesday, March 14, 2012 at noon.***
Other questions or comments? Just want to say hello or have a fun idea you would like to share? Contact Kindle at [email protected]!
Thanks to Carissa Garabedian of Richmond Macaroni Kid for this idea!
Have your say
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC