March 8, 2012
- Macaroni Kid...Who Knew?
- Arts in the Plaza
- Cookies for Troops
- But You Loved Apples Last Week!
- Macaroni Spotlight: Your Story HERE!
- This Week's Picks
- This Week's Calendar
- Teen Scene
- Plan Ahead
- Healthy Macaroni Kids: Ants on a Log
- Macaroni Made: "Food for Thought" Craft
- Macaroni Movies: Mirror Mirror
- Calling All Summer Programs!
A "make it together" healthy snack!
This is a great snack to make with your children and help to get them excited about eating healthfully.
- Your choice of: peanut butter, almond or cashew butter, hummus, lowfat cream cheese
Directions: Wash and cut the celery into about 2-inch pieces. Help your child spread topping of choice onto the celery, then allow him/her to top with raisins.
*Note - We tried this recipe/activity out this week. We used all the suggested toppings: peanut butter, almond butter, hummus and cream cheees (pictured above). My daughter pushed some of the raisins into the filling and said the ants were digging into the wood. Then she asked me to help her arrange the "logs" on the plate to look like a bunch of ant tunnels! The raisins on the side and underneath the "logs" are the ants working under ground! :)
Have your say
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC